By J. Del Valle
With Fiesta starting April 20, San Antonians get to enjoy festivities including musical performances, parades, and food and drink booths while embracing the city.
Here are some safety tips to consider when exploring downtown San Antonio this Fiesta.
• Stay hydrated
• Travel in groups
• Have a spot to meet up with friends or family if separated in crowds
• Travel as light as possible
• Don’t overindulge
• Know where the first-aid/security tent is.
Source: Janae Johnson, coordinator of college risk management
The city of San Antonio encourages citizens to not drink and drive; here are some alternatives for transportation to Fiesta events.
• Have a designated driver
• VIA offers special event fares. Pick-up times will run until 11:30 p.m.
• Plan a drop-off and/or pick-up service with Uber or Lyft
• Call family or friends to drop off and/or pick up
I take VIA during Fiesta,” said math Instructor Steve Ochoa.
“I also always recommend wearing comfortable shoes.”
Check out all the events lined up for this year at www.fiesta-sa.org.
Fare for VIA park and ride services for Fiesta is $1.25 one-way or $2.50 round-trip with student reduced fare card.
$2.50 one-way or $5 round-trip without student reduced fare card.