Transfer center preps for 4-year schools

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Services include degree plans, career services, help with majors and meeting university reps.

By Richard Montemayor

For students transferring to a four-year college or university, the transfer center can help them get on track.

“We are here. If we don’t know the answer, we will find it for them,” transfer adviser Jessica Gonzales said.

The transfer center is on the first floor of Moody Learning Center, with hours 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m.–7 p.m. Tuesday. The center sees students on a walk-in and appointment basis, Gonzales said. “The students sign in at the front desk and then we’ll call them in as we’re available to help them in whatever they may need, whether it may be with their application or scholarship information,” Gonzales said.

Gonzales said they also help students by setting up appointments to meet with college representatives. “We have reps from different schools from all over San Antonio as well as around the country that students can meet with when they come to SAC,” Gonzales said.

The center also offers transfer plans for students who want to focus on taking their core classes at this college without earning an associate degree, Gonzales said

“If a student isn’t interested in getting an associate’s necessarily — they kind of just want to get their core — we can provide them with those transfer plans,” Gonzales said. “That will tell the student what they can take here at SAC that will transfer over to, whether it’s UTSA, Incarnate Word or our Lady of the Lake — that will give them a list of what those schools accept,” Gonzales said.

For students unsure of what they want to major in, Gonzales said the center also offers career services. “We do have some online resources like quizzes and what careers are hot in the area here.”

Students who want to transfer next semester should come in and see an adviser, Alexandria Bampi, peer adviser, said.

“Students can either come to the transfer center or talk to an adviser so they can look for a degree plan to follow when they transfer over to a university and all the credits that transfer over to them,” Bampi said.

For more information, call the transfer center at 210-486-0864 or visit


Leave A Reply